Friday, July 24, 2009

Luxembourg exhibition



I was asked to participate on a group show in Luxembourg, same as two years ago. I was happy to go, since I really loved it last time i was there. I was planning to improvise, maybe do some street work and transfer the photos inside the gallery. No pressure.
When I got to Luxembourg, I had no idea what to do, nor did I have any finished works with me. As I was watching tv in my hotel room, every channel had the same story about the 40th anniversary of the Apollo11 mission to the moon. 20 channels and nothing to watch. I was so irritated that I started to plan a retaliation... what if Marilyn Monroe replaced Neil Armstrong as a third astronaut during that flight? What if she made the first contact with the extraterrestrials? How would that have affected her features? (He he he)

No comments: